I know this isn’t necessarily riot related, but if you’re out in Woolwich tonight be careful, because apparently it’s kicking off with the EDL due to the beheading of a man earlier today.
Anonymous asked: Send this to 15 of your favorite people on tumblr ♥ For all your help distributing information during and after the riots.
Thank you, that’s really sweet :)
The Metropolitan Police said it has now arrested more than 2,000 people in connection with rioting and looting across London earlier this month.
Tottenham and England football star Peter Crouch, visits Aaron Biber (whose shop was smashed and looted during the riots) for a haircut.
- The Met has now arrested 1457 people. 810 have been charged. 305 of those arrested and 158 charged are under 18-years.
- A third man has been charged with triple murder following deaths of three men in winson green, Birmingham on Tuesday night.
- More than 1500 people attended a peace rally in Birmingham earlier tonight.
- A 33-year-old man has been charged with the arson on Reeves Furniture Store in Croydon on Monday night.
- A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Richard Mannington Bowes. A 22-year-old was arrested on Friday.
- A total of £22’314 has been raised for Ashraf Haziq, the Malaysian student robbed while injured.
- Over £16’000 has been raised for Siva whose shop was destroyed during the riots in Hackney.
- A total of £35’000 was raised for Aaron Biber, the 89-year-old whose barber shop was wrecked by rioters. “After fixing up his barbershop, we will be working with the council, Aaron and his nephew Eddie, to distribute the rest of the fund to make sure it goes to help the other businesses and residents around Aaron’s shop.” - via keepaaroncutting.
Anonymous asked: You heard about that mum who marched her 14 year old son to the police station?
Kudos and whatnot!
I haven’t heard of that one particulary, but have heard of others. I think it’s great!
Anonymous asked: Who is the woman on Twitter who has been posting about attacking policemen etc. Has she been caught?
@Hey__soulsister - and I honestly have no idea (considering her profile is still up, I’d say no).
The amount of publicity she has got through the social-networking sites, I find it hard to believe that the police haven’t heard of her - which makes me think that she’s trolling. However, it would be right in the sense that she is investigated, because what she’s saying is quite serious.
A new website has been setup to give thanks and praise to all the police and public groups that have helped during and after the recent riots.
You can read the messages of thanks and post your own here http://wethankyou.tumblr.com/
a couple videos some people might find interesting, this guy speaks a lot of sense.
Help Wanted of the Day: 89-year-old Aaron Biber has been cutting hair in Tottenham for decades.
Last year, Aaron lost his wife. This year, he lost his business. Rioters ransacked his barbershop, smashed windows, and stole hairdryers. “I will probably have to close because I haven’t got insurance and I can’t afford the repairs,” Aaron says.
“Not so fast,” responds the Internet. A website has been launched to help Aaron fix his shop. So far nearly £17,000 have been donated.
The Met has arrested 1144 (of the above figure) people in connection with violence, disorder and looting. 693 (of the above figure) of these have been charged.
Anonymous asked: I think it'd be easier if you tagged each post with where its happening etc. and then put links on the side so we just have to click instead of having to look through the entire page to check if anything's happening in our areas. Just a thought :3
Other than that, I appreciate everything you are doing. Keep up the good work ^_^
That is a good point, and I did do that in the earlier stages of this blog, but now we have over 700 posts - with most being questions - and it would take forever. And as lazy and unhelpful this is going to sound, I can’t be bothered lol. Of the images we reblogged, some of them weren’t tagged and I honestly have no idea which comes from where. Sorry, and thank you :)